Welcome to Bonnie's Taproom!

Welcome to Bonnie's Taproom!


Here at Bonnie's Taproom I will be offering my recommendations for beer and wine to go with the recipes featured on my Mother's Blog 'What's Bubby Cooking Today?'. Finding the right combinations can be difficult at first but I'm here to help. I've been working in the restaurant industry for 2 years and I've learned a thing or two about food and beverage pairing so with my help I promise I will find the perfect beverage to enhance any meal.


So let's eat, drink and enjoy!!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shrimp, Ancho Chile & Garlic... with Three Floyds Pride & Joy... Oh my!




In colabarartion with:

Okay so today on What's Buddy Cooking Today Bubby featured Sauteed Shrimp with Ancho Chiles and Garlic by Susan Feniger.  The dish itself is already pretty complex on one's palate with the ancho chiles and the garlic, the peppers aren't spicy but more like a kicked up green bell pepper but the recipe calls for a lot of garlic which, depending on the quality of the garlic, could make the dish a bit spicy.  So I'm going to recommend an American Pale Ale (APA) or Mild Ale that we recently put on tap at my work and that I've tried...

Three Floyds 
Pride & Joy
Mild Ale



This beer is perfect for this dish!  Any Indian Pale Ale (IPA) or American Pale Ale (APA) would go great with Bubby's dish but the reason why I choose this beer is because it's a period beer, meaning it's not  high in alcohol content like most IPAs. You can have one Pride & Joy with you dinner and then have 2 or 3 for dessert!  Now on to the details, this beer pours a nice golden orange color with a clear body and has about 1 to 2 fingers of head.  It hits your nose with citrus fruits and hops and lashes the tongue with hints of grapefruit, orange and a hint of caramel sweetness and finishes with a light bread flavor.  Finally it leaves your mouth with the maltiness expected of any pale ale and leaves you wanting more!

And if you want to try this beer stop by my work, we have it on tap!
101 Center Street
Grayslake, IL 60030
(847) 543-0900

ABV:  5.0%
Available Year Round
BA Score:  B+

I hope you've enjoyed today's blog.  Now let's eat, drink and enjoy!

And as always please drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment