Welcome to Bonnie's Taproom!

Welcome to Bonnie's Taproom!


Here at Bonnie's Taproom I will be offering my recommendations for beer and wine to go with the recipes featured on my Mother's Blog 'What's Bubby Cooking Today?'. Finding the right combinations can be difficult at first but I'm here to help. I've been working in the restaurant industry for 2 years and I've learned a thing or two about food and beverage pairing so with my help I promise I will find the perfect beverage to enhance any meal.


So let's eat, drink and enjoy!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fried Shrimp Po' Boy and Ponchartrain Pilsner

In collaboration with:
What's Bubby Cooking Today?

Today's featured dish on 'What's Bubby Cooking Today?' is Fried Shrimp Po' Boy by Bubby's #4 fav Chef, John Besh.  And to go with that dish I've chosen to stay with theme of the dish and go with a beer that's from the Louisiana.

Today's brew...  Ponchartrain Pilsner/German Pilsner  
Refreshing as a gentle lake breeze...
by Covington Brewhouse in Louisiana


What a better choice than a pilsner to go with fried shellfish!  This Pilsner features a hazy yellow color and is heavily carbonated!  It's nose is delicate and light of barley malt with the typical roasted barely malt palate and very easy on the hops.  It finishes clean and crisp and leaves your mouth light and watery.

Though similar to most Pilsners and could be compared to Miller Lite this beer is actually a more complex on your palette and is hands down perfect for your Friday Fish Fry.

ABV:  ?
Available year round
BA Score:  B

Eat, Drink and Enjoy!

And as always please drink responsibly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment